In the pipeline - DIY Blog # 60 -ROOF AUDIT - Hawthorn
February 22 2016
Case Study G:
Attended property on 09/02/16 to investigate report of a roof leaks and audited entire complex
- Attended site & accessed roof via external permanent ladder at rear RH side.
- Inspected entire roof taking photos of issues found.
- Majority of Roof is in good condition.
- Factory on LH side of office building has an extreme issue that requires immediate attention.
- The whole way along both sides at box gutters have rusted through completely at 1st purlin.
- It is unknown why it is only the bottom purlin.
- The corrosion of the sheets has occurred due metal incompatibility between the roof purlin and the roof sheets.
- Colour bond should be used for future roof sheet repairs
- There is no safety mesh installed.
- On office roof there’s one 200 mm flue needing flashing to replaced.
- All of roof and box gutters require cleaning
1. Clean roof and gutters six monthly due to the gutter system and large gum trees nearby. Cost estimate $541.50 + gst.
2. Repair approximately 300 corroded trim deck sheets. See quote 77795.
3. Replace flue penetration flashings above office. See quote 77795.
Call webbplumbing services on 1300 238 993 for roof audits, roof repairs and replacement and gutter cleaning.