The balcony is an essential outdoor space for apartment living, providing a perfect spot for enjoying the sunshine and fresh air. Unfortunately, leaking balconies are now one of the most common defects in apartment buildings, posing significant problems for building owners and occupants.
Balconies are exposed to all types of weather and need a quality membrane to protect them. The membrane usually applied under the balcony tiles is sometimes low quality or damaged, eventually leading to balcony leaks and building damage. Even the smallest leak can cause significant damage and health issues associated with mold.
Long-term leaks on balconies can result in an accumulation of calcium crystals and salts, known as ‘leaching or efflorescence,’ that eventually appear as white patches on the balcony or the outside of the building. This not only causes unsightly stains but also compromises the structural integrity of the building.
To ensure that your balcony remains in good condition, regular maintenance and inspection are essential. For smaller and simple leaks, caulking with specialized sealants is all that the balcony may need. However, for severe or long-term leaks, applying a new membrane is the best solution.
With expertise in leak detection and certified waterproofing, the Webb Waterproofing Services team can inspect and provide the most cost-effective remedial waterproofing solution. Our team uses high-quality liquid membranes that are highly adaptable and can be directly applied to the substrate (balcony) over the tiles, thus avoiding the costly removal and replacement of tiles.
The membranes we use are available in various colors to match existing tiles and come in a range of finishes. Our methodology complies with Australian Standards and comes with a ten-year guarantee, giving you peace of mind knowing that your balcony is well-protected.
- Regular maintenance and inspection of balconies are essential to avoid leaks and building damage.
- Leaking balconies pose significant problems, such as water flowing into interior spaces via doors and window frames and below neighboring properties.
- Long-term leaks on balconies can result in an accumulation of calcium crystals and salts, compromising the structural integrity of the building.
- Applying a new membrane is the best solution for severe or long-term leaks, while caulking with specialized sealants is ideal for smaller and simple leaks.
- Webb Waterproofing Services uses high-quality liquid membranes that are highly adaptable and come in various colors and finishes.
- Our methodology complies with Australian Standards and comes with a ten-year guarantee, providing absolute peace of mind for building owners and occupants.
Do you have leaking balconies in your apartment? Give us a call on 1300 238 993