Basement waterproofing is important, as basements are especially vulnerable to leaks and water damage.
A basement must be protected from water or moisture, as the smallest of cracks can lead to structural damage if not fixed.
Our team are skilled and experienced in drainage and leaks in basements. We can evaluate and find the right membrane to seal any leaks and fix any drainage issues.
Retaining walls are like basements; they need to be waterproof and have the correct drainage.
A retaining wall is usually a structure created by pre-cast or cement blocks supporting a mass of earth on one side. Besides good drainage, the retaining wall needs to be waterproof to reduce the risk of any hydrostatic pressure or instability and movement.
Our team at Webb Waterproofing Services can inspect and provide remedial solutions to address the leaking basement and the type of membrane required.
Basement Waterproofing Case Study
Basement Garage, Black Rock
Water ingress in one area of the basement garage.
Targeting the joint between the concrete slab and the concrete block wall and parts of the southern, northern, and eastern garage walls stops water ingress. The membrane to extend vertically up the garage wall approximately 500 mm and horizontally across the garage floor at 500 mm.
- Assess, identify source or cause of water ingress
- Develop a clear scope of works – membrane products, the application process
- Prepared work areas and set up personal protective equipment
- Cleaned garage floor and wall surfaces and dry thoroughly
- Caulked, filled and carried out other surface prep as required
- Primed surface with a Sikalastic membrane
- Applied a base coat of Sikalastic membrane
- Applied a top coat of Sikalastic membrane
Thanks to our team’s skilled work, the basement garage is now successfully watertight with no further water ingress issues.
- Basements and retaining walls are vulnerable to leaks and water damage
- Proper waterproofing and drainage are crucial to prevent long-term damage
- Webb Waterproofing Services provides tailored solutions, including the installation of the right membrane and proper drainage, to address issues of water ingress and leaks
- Contact us today to schedule an inspection and protect your property from potential water damage.
Does your basement leak when it rains? If so, give us a call on 1300 238 993